This academic year, we have started a project aiming to develop a therapeutic classroom in our school.
This is an ongoing project and we are excited to share our progress with you as we continue along this journey.
The process has been split into several parts:
1) Conception of idea, research of best practice and corresponding theory and data.
2) Visiting examples of other therapeutic spaces.
3) Applying our findings to a trial project, in which we updated The Den (an area in school used for ELSA, emotional support and wellbeing).
4) Reviewing our findings and evaluating.
5) Applying our HCPS therapeutic approach to The Snug (an area in school used for ELSA, emotional support and wellbeing) and to our school entrance.
6) Evaluating the successes so far and planning to begin applying our HCPS therapeutic approach to an academic space.
7) Reaching out to the wider Hornsea community to inform them on our project, our progress so far, and request support as we enter our next steps.
8) Updating an intervention area in school: applying our HCPS therapeutic approach to an academic workspace.
9) Evaluating and reviewing findings and successes.
10) Updating an entire classroom: applying our HCPS therapeutic approach to a whole classroom.
11) Reviewing and evaluating.