Happy fun Friday to the incredible Year 6
with Hornsea Field Hornsea Reed and Hornsea Parcell
Well this week has gone really quickly I can not believe that we are at Friday already!
I hope that you have had a good week and are ready for a fab weekend.
Here are your last challenges for this week
If two’s company and three’s a crowd, what are four and five?
What five-letter word becomes shorter when you add two letters to it?
If a red house is made of red bricks, and a yellow house is made of yellow bricks, what is a greenhouse made of?
1. Choose your favourite word search I love the finding Nemo one then create your own for family of friends to complete https://thewordsearch.com/cat/kids-puzzles/ or check out a crossword https://lovattspuzzles.com/kids/childrens-online-puzzles/spellbound/ or Sudoku this will keep you busy for hours!
2. Complete your spelling test on Kahoot https://kahoot.it/challenge/06127004?challenge-id=e2acc294-c222-4eea-b8d9-50b6d9976fdd_1594238297366 game pin 06127004
3.Find out about the Galápagos Islands including their location, environment, dramatic landscape and amazing wildlife. And then take the fun quiz or make your own map of the area https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/articles/zgrdg7h
4. As it is National kitten day today I thought that you may want to check out the RSPCA fun activities page https://education.rspca.org.uk/home-resources you can build a hedgehog shack , make an egg carton animal or check out one of the word searchers.
5. Mary Annings is one of my favourite scientists as I love fossil hunting. You can watch her life story https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p015gn89 and then research how a fossil is made and let me know if you have ever been lucky enough to find your own.
You can create a time line, fact file or poster
Happy Wednesday to the incredible year 6!
This week is really flying past I hope that you are enjoying your challenges this week. Here are your mid week challenges. Don't forget you still have work on the website and your MNP books to complete!
I would like us to concentrate on Plastic free July so please find enclosed some activities to make us think about our environment and planet
- Can you complete the information about plastic pollution you will find out lots of interesting and thought provoking information? file:///C:/Users/mlsim/Downloads/plastic%20pollution%20comprehension.pdf.
- Why don’t you make a special card, letter or even a short video clip to wish your teacher, teaching assistants and staff a lovely summer holiday and to let them know what you have enjoyed the most about being in year 6?
- https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b008044n Watch clips produced by David Attenborough who is a national treasure and then create your own powering, short video or fact file about the information that you have found.
- HornseaJoy has a friend that has never been to Hornsea or the surrounding area can you design a poster or postcard to let them know about the amazing place that they can visit I would suggest Hornsea Mere or Mr Moo’s for a yummy ice cream
- Play maths add and then have a look to see which other games you would like to try!
Happy Monday to the awesome year 6!
What a busy week you have all had with our virtual sports day it was so lovely to see how hard you have all been working. The weather has not been great this weekend but I hope that you have managed to get out and about. we were walking our dogs on Friday night about 9 o'clock and we were all surprised to see a storm trooper walking in front of us. Lexi and Buddy were very surprised.
This month is plastic free awareness as you know this is something that is very close to my heart you can research the amount of plastic that we use and the impact on our environment.
Check out Friends of the earth website! https://friendsoftheearth.uk/plastics/plasticfree-kids
Friday riddle fun answers I hope you enjoyed creating your own
What is as big as you but doesn’t weigh anything? Your shadow
You can hold it without using your arms. Your breathe
What goes up and down the stairs without moving? The carpet
- Week Eight: Learn and perform Cuban rhythms inspired by Bernstein's 'Mambo'...
Learn Cuban rhythms, create a kitchen percussion section and perform along to the lively ‘Mambo’ from 'West Side Story' with percussionist Stephen Whibley from the BBC Concert Orchestra. https://www.bbc.co.uk/teach/ten-pieces/ten-pieces-at-home/zjy3382 Scroll down to week 8
2.There is a new frozen film that is coming out Frozen 2 – arriving July 3. Frozen is back as Elsa, Anna and their crew take on new adventures, and are forced to save Arendelle once again You can become a Disney animator by following the link to draw Olaf https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYh8PLmc6cI or Prince Hans https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xp1FmJweeXo Remember adults you will need to skip the ads!
You could also create your own comic strip?
3. Today’s recipe is for chocolate cookies to share with your family. https://www.goodtoknow.co.uk/recipes/chocolate-cookies you could also add raisins or cherries yummy! Remember to get an adult to help you with the oven
4.Kahoot it quiz today is all about Disney films in honour of the new frozen film https://kahoot.it/challenge/09511502?challenge-id=e2acc294-c222-4eea-b8d9-50b6d9976fdd_1593341601361 Game PIN: 09511502
5. Observe the Birds
We are lucky to have so many wonderful birds in our country. Even if you don’t have an outdoor area, you can open a window and help your child carefully look out to spot the different types. Try these simple activities:
Make a chart of the different birds you spot
Use the internet to research birds you’ve seen
Look at how the birds fly through the sky and create your own bird dances
Make drawings and paintings of birds you see
Listen to bird song- you could record it on a mobile phone
Create your own bird inspired music
Leaving out breadcrumbs, seeds, porridge oats, or even grated cheese is an easy way to attract more birds to your home.