Friday 19th June
Happy Friday to the splendid Year 6.Can you believe that it is Friday? I hope that you have an amazing weekend! Here are your last challenges for this week I hope that you enjoy these and please post your work so that I can see how you are getting Have fun!
1. Write a news report about something that you have enjoyed whilst home learning. A yummy cake you have made or where you have been on your daily exercise maybe? Make sure you add a title, images, and subheadings and then name your newspaper-mine would be Simmonite sensational star.
2. Design an imaginary creature. Where does it live? What does it eat? How is it adapted to living in its environment? Could you make a food chain that includes your creature? I’m sure that my creature would have to eat chocolate and lots of it!
3. Use folded paper or card to make a bridge that spans a gap. How much weight will it be able to hold? Let’s see who can make the longest bridge or the one that will hold the most weight??
4. Today is National wear blue day and also Garfield the cat day. So let’s see who can wear the most blue clothes today and let’s celebrate by following the tutorial on how to draw Garfield https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmXD_3V7fvk
If this is too tricky follow the tutorial to draw a cat
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9idkBoobXyI and then add your own detail such as stripes!
Remember adults that you will need to skip the ads
Then why don’t you place the picture with a little thank you note or a special message for someone in your house to find?
You could also watch the movie!
5. Complete your spelling test on kahoot it follow the link or enter the game pin https://kahoot.it/challenge/07971525?challenge-id=e2acc294-c222-4eea-b8d9-50b6d9976fdd_1592475814750
Game PIN: 07971525
17th June 2020
Happy Wednesday to the amazing Year 6
Here are your challenges for the next few days please post your amazing work!
1.Let’s get creative and have some fun. All you need is a pencil and paper (crayons, felt tips or paint if you want to add colour it’s up to you!)I want to choose from one of the ideas below:
• Draw your teacher on a desert Island.
• Draw your teacher as a zoo animal
• Draw your teacher eating pizza whilst dancing.
• Draw your teacher with super powers.
Do remember that your teachers will be in touch soon so be very kind!
2. Power of a smile day. You need to put a big smile onto someone’s face today this could be by telling them a joke, carrying out a job like making your bed, Write them a poem, draw them a picture or just pay them a compliment. Let me know how many people that you can make smile today
3. If veggies aren’t your favourite food already, National Eat Your Vegetables Day on June 17 is a great time to give them a try. After all, vegetables are very healthy. If you can manage a little experimentation in the kitchen, you can discover how many delicious recipes there are for them. So whether you’re digging into your favourite salad or trying kale for the first time, today is all about finishing the most colourful things on your plate. Can you design or make a meal that is just vegetables I’m going to make a yummy vegetable soup-Get creative!
4. Your topic focus this week is Animals and their habitats follow the link, then watch the clips around adaptation then finally choose one of the activity’s or complete all 3 - take the quiz, fill in the blanks then complete the worksheet Have fun! https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/articles/zjf3rj6
5. I am seeing lots of bird sin my garden as I have been making my own bird feeders. Can you make your own birdfeeder or research the birds that you are seeing in your garden. Follow the link to the RSPB website to help and the birdfeeder ideas below:
RSPB website: https://www.rspb.org.uk/fun-and-learning/for-kids/games-and-activities/ There are also online games and activities to complete
Bird feeder idea: https://www.apartmenttherapy.com/for-the-birds-10-diy-bird-feeders-for-kids-to-make-202338