Friday 19th June
Happy Friday to the Awesome Year 5. Well I'm not sure what is happening to the weather although I think that my garden has been thankful of the drink. Here are your last challenges before the weekend. I hope you have a great weekend and please keep posting your fabulous work
1. Write a letter to a friend, your teacher, me or family member. What would you like to tell them about? What you have enjoyed about home learning things that you have made or a new skill that you have learnt-sign language or baking maybe? Be creative add an image or design a border.
2. Make some shadow puppets and use them to tell a story. Then Let’s get building our dens again to retell the story all you will need is a torch
3. I loved reading comic books when I was younger (no that that long ago!) Why don’t you create a comic strip that shows what you did yesterday, or what you would love to do tomorrow.
I have added comic book templates to the English section in your year group. Let’s get creative!
4. Today is National wear blue day and also Garfield the cat day. So let’s see who can wear the most blue clothes today and let’s celebrate by following the tutorial on how to draw Garfield https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmXD_3V7fvk
If this is too tricky follow the tutorial to draw a cat and then add your own detail such as stripes!
Remember adults that you will need to skip the ads
Then why don’t you place the picture with a little thank you note or a special message for someone in your house to find?
5. Complete your spelling test on kahoot it follow the link or enter the game pin https://kahoot.it/challenge/09713803?challenge-id=e2acc294-c222-4eea-b8d9-50b6d9976fdd_1592473509252
Game PIN: 09713803
17th June 2020
Happy Wednesday to the fab Year 5 here are youre challenges for the next few days!
1.Kahootit follow the link or enter the game pin to play a fun quiz https://kahoot.it/challenge/02049361?challenge-id=e2acc294-c222-4eea-b8d9-50b6d9976fdd_1592304529179
Game PIN: 02049361
Why don’t you create your own fun quiz?
Follow the link for today’s art lesson which is to paint, draw or digital image in the style of Andy Warhol or Wassily Kandinsky. You need to watch the clips and then choose from the 3 activities.
3.If veggies aren’t your favourite food already, National Eat Your Vegetables Day on June 17th is a great time to give them a try. After all, vegetables are very healthy. If you can manage a little experimentation in the kitchen, you can discover how many delicious recipes there are for them. So whether you’re digging into your favourite salad or trying kale for the first time, today is all about finishing the most colourful things on your plate. Can you design or make a meal that is just vegetables I’m going to make a yummy vegetable soup-Get creative!
4. I love silly funny poems ‘The fish that couldn’t climb trees https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csbban5TtQk ’ Remember adults that you will need to skip the advertisements!
Your topic this week has included poetry, so why don’t you write your own funny, silly poem about your favourite animal? you can use the templates included in the topic section of the website or make your own!
5. Can you create your own word search that includes the names of as many vegetables as you can think of can you add the word aubergine? You will need to carefully use a ruler or something with a straight edge.
Monday 15th June 2020
Happy Monday to the spectacular year 5! Well what a beautiful weekend we have had the sun came out to play.
Thank you for your amazing work last week it was so lovely to see your posts with Hornsea Worsley Hornsea Patterson and Hornsea Joy.
So here are todays challenges get creative and let us know how you get on?
Don’t forget that I have also added new English, Maths, Topic, Outdoor activities as well as RE, Mindfulness, Home learning packs and you also have your MNP books so lots to keep you all busy Have fun!
1 Mrs Worsley will be so proud of me I have found a new website that has fun games, activities and learning clips for you to check out. Have a play around and click on the topics that you want to learn more about, you could try place value or fractions! https://classroomsecrets.co.uk/category/maths/year-5/
2. .Today’s recipe for you to enjoy and also add your own spectacular finishing touches. You can either make a tray bake see the link below or individual buns using the same recipe. I challenge you to see who can add the yummiest toppings!! I am going to use melted chocolate and blackberries.
Adults please remember that there will be adverts!
3.Lets get creative and have some fun. All you need is a pencil and paper (crayons, felt tips or paint if you want to add colour it’s up to you!)I want to choose from one of the ideas below:
Do remember that your teachers will be in touch soon so be very kind!
4. Power of a smile day. You need to put a big smile onto someone’s face today this could be by telling them a joke, carrying out a job like making your bed, Write them a poem, draw them a picture or just pay them a compliment. Let me know how many people that you can make smile today
5. Today is National fly a kite day so you can either follow my link or make your own by using the resources that you have around you at home Let’s Get creative! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uGlblvRC6c Kite made from paper